Discover the 2018 Kia Niro lineup. Three new Niro models released by Kia include a hybrid and an electric version of their already smart crossover. Hybrids and electric cars have been staples in Kia’s inventory for years. The new 2018 Kia Niro models fit perfectly into the updated Kia lineup. Take a look and see what makes the 2018 Niro so electrifying.
Three Versions of Excellence | Rise of the Niro
The 2018 Niro Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) delivers a refreshing experience and offers a glimpse into the future of driving. A hybrid at heart, this crossover gives you the added ability to go fully electric whenever you choose.
Released in late 2017, here is what you need to know about the Niro:
- The PHEV is powered by a 1.6 liter four cylinder engine. A permanent-magnet synchronous AC electric motor powered by a 1.6-kWh lithium-ion battery pack will get you up to 34 miles on a full electric charge.
- The electric model includes an increased capacity 8.9-kWh battery for more power without the use of gasoline.
- The new Niro will also link the GPS to the Eco Driving Assistant system to keep track of mileage and energy conservation features that coach the driver on braking, coasting and more.
- For adventurers looking to take it to the road for heavy lifting and camping outings, there will be an optional towing-package option, which could give the hybrid an impressive 2,866-lbs towing capacity based on European specifications. It is unclear whether this will remain the same for U.S. markets.
- Kia also confirms there are several new trim levels, updated pricing, potential new colors, and more along the way.
Get Updates on the 2018 Kia Niro at Union County Kia
Stay updated on the new features of the 2018 Kia Niro with Union County Kia in Monroe, North Carolina. Our helpful staff is here to answer all your questions. Schedule a test-drive in the new Niro or any other model Kia today.